The Trust was formed to develop and manage the Linskill Centre with the aim of turning it into a successful, self-sustaining centre, providing the community with somewhere they can come to learn, relax and engage in activities.
The Trust completed a community asset transfer of the centre in April 2006, agreeing a 30 year peppercorn lease with North Tyneside Council.
Gradually over time, the Trust has invested in the Linskill Centre, securing capital grants and fundraising to improve the facilities at the centre. Also, by securing a five year revenue grant from the Big Lottery Fund, the Trust was able to fund key staffing posts to help develop the activities and services provided by the centre.
The Linskill Centre today is now a thriving community centre with 82,000 visits from the North Tyneside community per year. The Centre has:
The Trust is nearing 100% financial sustainability by maximising the income generation techniques above and this will allow the organisation to become less grant funded reliant and more financially secure for future generations to benefit from the centre.
The vision of the Linskill Trust is to have a strong identity as a welcoming and vibrant community centre that inspires and supports a wide range of people to access diverse personal and professional opportunities.
The Linskill Trust promotes opportunities for well-being by responding to the needs of individuals and communities in order to enhance the quality of life in North Tyneside.
The Trust aims to;
• Promote the quality of life and wellbeing of all the communities of North Tyneside
• Provide a diverse range of opportunities for local people to work together and improve their community
• Develop a strong identity as a welcoming and vibrant community venue
To deliver these aims, the Trust will:
• Ensure that the Linskill Centre in North Shields is the most sustainable and accessible community centre in North Tyneside
• Develop outstanding facilities within the centre as a platform for community action
• Deliver a programme of accessible activities for all, based on the needs and aspirations of the local community
© Linskill and North Tyneside Community Development Trust. Registered Charity No: 1119143. Company Limited by Guarantee: 04827255.